Are you interested in bringing a machine? Details below on that as well as buying or selling arcade games at the show!
Bringing Your Machine
The machines at the MGC are brought by collectors to share with others. To bring a machine to the show, please use the contact form here to inform us that you are interested! Details on exactly how to bring your machines will be emailed to you.
For each working machine you bring that meets our requirements, you will get the following:
- One two-day MGC pass *or* $20 in Show Cash to be used at any vendor
- One admission to the MGC Arcade After Party
People who bring machines are also entered into the Best In Show contest, and receive special rewards for keeping their game on the show floor until near close on Sunday! Further details on this below.
Machines at the Midwest Gaming Classic need to adhere to the following rules:
- Any machine which is for sale must be turned on and available for play for free to all event goers during the event until the game has sold.
- Non-working (or “project”) games may be brought to sell, however these machines may be put in other locations other than the arcade hall (unless within a vendor booth), and may not have space to be set up. Non-working machines do NOT qualify for free admission, show cash or the arcade after party.
- Cocktail machines may be brought, but do NOT qualify for free admission, show cash, or the arcade after party.
- If you are interested in bringing a bartop machine, please contact us first to ensure there is space. Bartop machines do NOT qualify for free admission, show cash, or the arcade after party.
- To ensure there is space for your machine(s), please contact us before the show with the quantity of machines that you are intending to bring.
- When a machine is sold, it may be removed immediately except as outlined in the next rule. Any individual machine rewards unclaimed on that machine at that time are lost. We encourage buyers to leave their machines on for people to play, and then the rewards remain in tact for the new owner!
- If your machine is sold and removed or permanently turned off before 11am on the Saturday of the show, there is a $100 early removal fee to offset reward cost.
- People selling machines should check our Participant Registration Forms.
- The Midwest Gaming Classic organizers, affiliates, volunteers and the Wisconsin Center are not responsible for any damage that could result from loading, unloading or moving of any machine, or responsible for any damage that happens while the machine is at the event.
- Machines are to be set up during set up times, as outlined below.
- All machines must have their front doors closed and locked or otherwise blocked. All machines that are supposed to be grounded must be grounded.
- All machines must be registered, regardless of any circumstances surrounding the machine. All machines must have a small identification sticker placed somewhere on the machine to allow Midwest Gaming Classic representatives to be able to identify it.
- MAME, Multi-Game or similar arcade machines must be approved by us prior to arriving at the show. If you have a machine like this, please use our contact form to tell us what games the machine holds so we can confirm that it is a legal game. If there is any question about the legality of any games included on your machine, we cannot permit it on our show floor, regardless of if it is for sale or not. Questions? Let us know by Contacting Us!
Buying or Selling A Machine
Want to buy a machine? The Midwest Gaming Classic is a great environment to purchase your first or thirty-first machine! Immerse yourself in our gameroom, meet collectors and sellers in person, and play before you pay! Machines may leave before show close, however are no longer eligible for show rewards at the point they leave.
If you are interested in a recent Stern Pinball release, please contact us as we get incredible pricing on machines used during the show!
Got something to sell? Selling machines doesn’t cost anything, gets you free tickets to the show or cash to spend on parts and other games, and gets you an invite to the exclusive after party! Please do check our participant information before selling your machine.
Rewards and Arcade After Party
Saturday night from 9pm until 3am, it’s a party with extremely limited access that you don’t want to miss and the ONLY way to get in is to bring a machine! Those who bring machines get:
- Access to the Arcade and Museum room after the event closes!
- Food and drink!
- Access to a Special Arcade After Party Auction!
- Much More!
We hope to see you there!
After Party Auction
Those who come back for the Arcade After Party also get a chance to get some awesome stuff for your machines, and also to help improve the arcade bringing experience every year! Proceeds from the auction go to getting all game bringers special thank you items, food and beverages at the after party, and the Best In Show Awards listed below!
Best In Show Awards and Ceremony
Join us back at the arcade hall at 4:30pm on Sunday to celebrate the best in show awards with help from the Midwest Gaming Classic Arcade Party Auction! Two awards will be given for best EM pinball, solid state pinball, dot matrix display pinball, other pinball style (screen or something else), single player video game, multi-player video game, gun game, racing game, best mod, outstanding original, and unique or rare game. These games will be selected by a panel of judges. Additionally, each winning game will receive $100 in cash! Both you and the game must still be present to win!